Follow Me On Google+ (I follow back)

Follow Me On Google+ (I follow back)
Follow Me & I Will Follow Back

Monday

Mundle Bread (Biscotti)

Thanks to Lisa at Blessed With Grace for Hosting another Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. If you check out her blog, you will see a lot of tempting recipes from other bloggers.

Here is a cookie that will be edible for centuries. I am not kidding, these cookies have a really long shelf life. Probably because they are baked twice.

Hubs loves these things, probably because he was raised eating them...Me...I would rather have a chocolate chip cookie. Not that these aren't good, because they taste very good, they are just hard. Maybe that is why Hubs dunks them.

This is the first I remembered to take a picture. I mixed the mix, greased and floured 2 bread pans and divided the mix between them. Then I put them in the oven to bake the first bake....
As you can see above, they are finished baking. I let them cool for about 5 minutes and took them out of the pan to cut into slices like below.

Above, they are ready to put back into the oven for the second bake.....would you believe I forgot to take a picture after they were finished baking. What a ditz I can be.
Okay Here they are baked and ready to dunk in a cup of coffee.


Mundle Bread (Biscotti)

1 Cup Peanut Oil
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon flavor of your choice ( vanilla, walnut, almond, lemon anise....anything you want)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup nuts of your choice

Mix all ingredients together

Grease and flour 2 loaf pans

Divide batter between the 2 loaf pans and bake at 350 until lightly browned

When browned remove from loaf pans, slice about 1/2 inch thick and place on cookie sheet.
Place cookie sheet back into a 350 degree oven and Brown slices on both sides

7 comments:

  1. I have a friend who regularly makes biscotti, and it is always so, so good! I like that yours is made in a loaf pan!! Much neater choice for fledgling bakers like myself!! I will give it a try over the holidays!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made biscotti. Looks fun. Do you think you can omit the nuts? or, are they integral to the final product?

    For the Jack-o-Lantern Cake -- I think the Bundt cake might work out! If you try it out, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SnoWhite, Yes you can leave the nuts out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat recipe. Never made anything like it. Really does sound simple. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your blog is so helpful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to confess that never made biscotti...like the way that you made yours...will try sometime soon...looks yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We started our blogs about the same time. Hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

    Love this recipe. I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing comments from each and every one of you.